Join Now
Home | Sign up | Forums | Help
Member login
Join now | Login | Lost password

Go Back Online Dating App Dating Forums > Love & Life > Ask a Girl
FAQ

Old 09-06-2009, 11:35 PM
bimmer_bob

All I get are gold diggers. I am looking for a damsel who would like to spend some time with a handsome gentleman who can show her a good time. I may be old, but I have the experience to please. A 20 year old may put me into the grave, but I can do the rounds just as well as when I was 20.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:45 PM
clito
Thumbs downIf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawruh05452 View Post
How about YOU men?

Damn....people think it is one gender or the other....Men are just as rude as the women are.....Get it through your thick skulls!!! Is that too much to ask?

My favorite is the men who send you an email, you reply and then they don't have the balls to reply back...That happened to me yesterday....And YOU men wonder why women don't respond back...Especially if YOU men are the first to make contact....
If you received an email like yours-or had the same tone why WOULD a guy bother? If you read one of your sisters who posted a reply previous to yours, you will hear them admit she deliberately deletes mail without reading it! It seems like it is high time you listen!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
cueball47
DefaultKids First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by court22 View Post
There are also many women here who have children and put the kids first. I commend them for that. I wouldn't have any respect them if the didn't prioritize that way. I get the feeling many women feel that all of us men will not handle that well. Being second and all. That may one reason many of the ladies seem so cautious. If you can't develop a good relationship with the child, or at least put forth the effort, all your hopes are doomed. And that's the way it should be.
Although this is off the subject let's have some fun with it.

Anyone who says "My kids come first", well, Duh, No sh$#, Sherlock. Maybe we could weed out 96% of the dough heads on this site by making them answer the question, "Do the kids come first?" If they answer "No" then they're automatically redirected to www.imafreakinidiot.com.

"My kids come first" . . . let me repeat my response . . . Duh!

I have joint physical custody of my boys and of course they come first, as long as they are physically with me or they have an urgent need while with their mother. When they're not with me, however, guess who comes first? I'll give you a hint, he's 47, immature grey (my new term for the condition), and has a pet peeve about people not responding to thoughtful and sincere emails.

As for developing a relationship? My personal rule is that I won't introduce my kids to anyone and I will avoid being introduced another's children until the relationship is clearly leading to a commitment. I think that bringing dates home for the kids to meet before a commitment is made is hugely selfish and potentially damaging to the child. Keep in mind, my perspective is with young children (9,7,4). The rule may endure as they become more mature but my rationale for adhering to my rule may change.

Keep up the good stuff Court.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
sweetlycynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawruh05452 View Post
How about YOU men?

Damn....people think it is one gender or the other....Men are just as rude as the women are.....Get it through your thick skulls!!! Is that too much to ask?

My favorite is the men who send you an email, you reply and then they don't have the balls to reply back...That happened to me yesterday....And YOU men wonder why women don't respond back...Especially if YOU men are the first to make contact....
Yep. Too many times to count...
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
cueball47
DefaultWhat not to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_bob View Post
All I get are gold diggers. I am looking for a damsel who would like to spend some time with a handsome gentleman who can show her a good time. I may be old, but I have the experience to please. A 20 year old may put me into the grave, but I can do the rounds just as well as when I was 20.
Here are the top 3 phrases one should never use in approaching a woman unless you're putting an ad on Craig's List Casual Encounters board: 1 - show (her) a good time, 2 - have the experience to please, and 3(drum roll please) - "I can do the rounds".

Thank you ladies and gentlemen . . . now say hello to my friend Paul Scheaffer . . .
Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
barefoot_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryone75 View Post
and you sound like a total jerk...could be another reason you aren't getting any responses.

telling it like it is again...you dont pull any punches
Old 09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
mcmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball47 View Post
I forgot to check this for a day or 2 and I'm happy to see that people took the time to give their input.

I just think it is downright rude of people not to respond to an email that is, as I originally described, thoughtfully written. Particularly when 99% of the women on this site tout how "down to earth" they are or how they're seeking, honesty, sincerity, and all the other BS that they claim to be seeking.

I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to change my profile to subtly suggest that I'm an extremely wealthy member of the leisure class. Then I'm going to send out the same kind of emails that I've been sending. Then I'm going make note of whether or not women are "courteous" enough to respond.

This may be a bit of a rant from a frustrated guy. Maybe I think too much of myself (I don't believe I do). Maybe I'm not as good looking as I think I am (but I don't think I'm unrealistic in that area).

I think that the old adage applies: The prevalence of unpersonal electronic communication enables people to behave in a fashion that may not reflect their true character. I think this definitely applies for those of us who tend toward social and moral correctness.

Conversely, I think the opposite is true for those predatory reprobates that get their jollies by sending harrassing, suggestive, or otherwise inappropriate messages. Their true character rings through loud and clear.

I'm interested to see the feedback on the thoughts that I've shared here. I realize I'm being a bit inflammatory but I don't care, it's electronic. Just kidding . . . Actually, I don't care if it's inflammatory because it's an honest opinion about a topic that is integral to this site.

I'll let you all know relults of my little experiment. Tune in about 2 weeks from now. Irie Mon
Hmmm, let's see, I send tons of flirts and Emails to women who are not interested in me and do not respond, while women who I am not interested in send me tons of flirts and Emails and I do not respond....Welcome to internet dating...brilliant scheme don't you think? Why didn't I think of this?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 PM
bbmacmillian

I usually don't reply simply because the person did not read my essay which clearly states what I want. They look at the photo and email me. I can't stand someone not reading, if they did they would know I am not interested, it's that simple!

Although sometimes I just don't want to hurt their feelings.

I had one guy email and flirt about 10 times. He email first and said he paid for subscription just so he could get in contact with me. He finally emailed and said I hope you don't think I am a pest but I hope your flirt was valid and truthful. I didn't do a flirt at all! He made that up to get me to respond and respond I did! I told him that I thought he was a pest and I didn't do a flirt because I didn't know how and wouldn't of anyway. I also asked him if he read my updated essay before emailing and he should give it a gander and there will be a pop quiz at the end of the week. I never heard from him again.

Tags
guys please chime in, women please reply

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode