Join Now -1)) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(true); }">

Go Back online-dating.app: Free Online Dating, Online Singles & Online Chat > Feedback Forum > Submit Suggestion
FAQ

Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 PM
singleinmn06
Defaultmessage from member

what is the point of these emails? "so & so is interested in you and we thought you should know about it!

You can respond back to so & so for free, because they are a featured member."??

half the time when you respond they NEVER reply back!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM
janices815
DefaultEmails

I know what you mean. Singlenet sends you a message that someone is interested when all they did was look at your profile. Isn't there a way to seperate them out from real interested. People that may really send an email. Although I don't get many of those? Are the guys out there just looking for young hot girls?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:04 PM
7isenuf
DefaultComplaint

I'm glad to see that I am not imagining the frustration of trying to communicate via this manipulative web site. Non featured members can supposedly communicate with featured members, but you won't get very far if you aren't featured. I send emails that show up in my "sent email" folder, but the intended recipients never get them, and you won't receive the ones they send to you either. Either the software is totally defective, or this is how the site tries to get you to "feature" yourself. I won't bite that bait. To Hell with it!

7isenuf
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM
smokincigars
DefaultThere IS a reason for this

Online Dating App and similar online dating services operate on the same principle as "shareware" -- try before you buy.

Once you post your own profile you don't have to pay anything to run a local-area search, see who is online near you, read all the profiles you want or (on Online Dating App, at least) even use the forums. But Online Dating App is an online business that makes its money from Featured members, and I respect that. If you seriously want to contact someone you find here, just pony up a little cash and get access to the send-mail feature and chat rooms. Or just limit yourself to those who are already Featured members, and maybe someone will decide to e-mail you back.

I'm not ready to start dating yet, but I went ahead and took a three-month Featured membership. Now I can e-mail anyone if I choose to, and use the chat rooms too. I'll probably do the same on other sites where I am currently a "free" user as I get closer to dating again.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
7isenuf
DefaultWhat's the official policy? IS there one?

I emailed the site about not being able to send or receive emails to featured members. I received a "standard" reply that specifically stated that non featured members can send only ONE email to featured members, but must become featured to send more. However, this is the opposite of what is clearly stated by the site in their message notifications that non featured members may email featured members as often as they wish. Am I missing something here? Has the meaning of "often" changed? Not according to the dictionary! I have received several messages from featured members that clearly wish to communicate with me, but they are not receiving my replies, even when they show up in my "sent email" folder on the site. Frankly, this site isn't worth the powder to blow it to Hell.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM
debbiecolleen
DefaultGotta pay to play

You dont get anything if you dont pay, and as soon as you do, all the sudden your "popular". I got sucked in for a month. NEVER AGAIN.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 PM
loves2dance64
Thumbs downprofile and search

i just love that when i put something in my profile,like"if you cant dance,dont waste my time or yours",it gets deleted by Online Dating App as inappropiate..now,how can that be inappropiate? and their search engine is a joke.doesnt matter if i put in a zip or a state,i get maybe 3 on a page in my STATE,and the rest are all in surrounding states.now,why would i want to date someone who doesnt even live in my state???? they need a search engine that can be set for a certain amt of miles from a zip code.most of us wont drive over 25 miles to meet someone,so why bother with statewide or out of state?oh..and since this isnt "constructive",it will probably be deleted,anyway.apparently they dont like learning from negative criticism.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM
dasymae046
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by janices815 View Post
I know what you mean. Singlenet sends you a message that someone is interested when all they did was look at your profile. Isn't there a way to seperate them out from real interested. People that may really send an email. Although I don't get many of those? Are the guys out there just looking for young hot girls?

YES they want a SLENDER,YOUNG,BEAUTIFUL,WEALTHY,woman and most of them look like rats without no teeth
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
rhrleather
LightbulbI agree.But!

I to wish you would stop the messages about being profile veiwedfor . An email for an actual email reply is good. could you try a different format for the profiles. pictures are nice but put the info into words,fit in more ? about what someone is trying to find. you have to guess would I be the right one. just jumping in most often gets no reply. also have to agree about the search, I like browseing but the fist profiles end up being from 2-3-4hundred miles away. isn't there something better you could do. I'm hanging in hoping to see things change to help members find a relationships.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 AM
kandlekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiecolleen View Post
You dont get anything if you dont pay, and as soon as you do, all the sudden your "popular". I got sucked in for a month. NEVER AGAIN.
Actually, all you really get when you become featured is a lot of scam emails. And SN should be able to block these, or at least write them to a suspected scam folder.

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode